There are several types of radio survey:
• Location Surveys – Identify which cell(s) from any or all of the 9 networks are used at a particular place. This can help show that a mobile telephone may have been at a specific location, or not.
Location survey: result for 19 Commercial Way
• Cell Measurement Surveys – show the extent of coverage of an individual cell. This can help show the boundaries where a mobile user may have been during a specific call.
• Route Surveys – Identify which cells could have been used if a mobile telephone was making calls along the route.
• Local Area Surveys identify cells that could have been used within a defined area.
• Test Call Surveys record the actual cell/cells used during multiple test calls at a particular location to factually establish the cell or cells serving that location.
• A profile of the terrain between the cell site and a location of interest may reveal potential coverage from a distant site, or that the location of interest is in a ‘blackspot’ and cannot be served by a specific cell.
Forensic partners provide: Survey data will be processed and presented with an explanation of the results along with photographs of the location and maps showing the relevant cell information.